Highlights of Discovery South Africa Tour for 10 Nights / 11 Days
Departure Ex Kolkata on 22nd September 2017 (Friday)
Day 01: Kolkata – Doha
Assemble at NSCB Int’l Airport 3 hrs prior departure and complete check-in, immigration, customs and security formalities and wait near the boarding gate to board the flight. After boarding announcement board the flight. Leave Kolkata for Doha. On arrival at Doha proceed for Security check of hand baggage and physical frisking; then proceed to onward flight for Cape Town via Johannesburg.
Day 02: Doha – Johannesburg - Cape Town
Leave Dohai for Cape Town via Johannesburg. On arrival at Johannesburg OR Tambo Int’l Airport after immigration and customs formalities, wait for onward connection of flight for Cape Town. Leave Johannesburg for Cape Town. On arrival at Cape Town, our representative will meet and greet at the exit transfer to hotel. On arrival at hotel, check-in. Rest of the time free for own activities. In the evening proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Cape Town)
Day 03: Cape Town
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast proceed for full day tour of Cape Peninsula. Depart for the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve along one of South Africa’s most scenic routes, passing Hout Bay. Enjoy a cruise to Seal Island, to view seals and sea birds at Duiker Island (Weather permitting). Travel along Chapman’s Peak Drive (Conditions permitting). Then continue to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. The scenery enroute to Cape Point, at the South Western tip of the reserve, is particularly lovely in spring when wildflowers carpet the landscape. The new lighthouse – the most powerful in the world – beams an electric light of 19 million candle power across the ocean. Ascend to the top of by Funicular. Visit the penguin colony at Boulders Beach. Then drive through the historic naval base town of Simon’s Town. End the day with a stroll through Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (Time permitting + Optional Cost). After sightseeing return back to hotel. Later proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Cape Town)
Day 04: Cape Town
Enjoy breakfast at hotel.. After breakfast proceed for half day Cape Town City Tour. Ascend Table Mountain for unforgettable sweeping views (weather permitting). Visit Signal Hill, a prominent landmark in Cape Town offering spectacular views across Table Bay harbour and the city. Return to the city and pass through the Malay Quarter. Drive past the Castle of Good Hope, Houses of Parliament and the Company Gardens. Continue to Sea Point and Camp’s Bay for scenic ocean vistas. After sightseeing proceed to V & A Waterfront where you will get time for shopping. After shopping proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Cape Town)
Day 05: Cape Town to Stellenbosch to George
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast we will leave for Stellenbosch – The heart of South Africa’s wine industry is a place of great beauty and culture that is steeped in South African tradition. The Stellenbosch wine route is arguably the country’s most famous, and the Stellenbosch Wine of Origin area includes 106 cellars. The heart of the town lies amidst the oak-lined Dorp Street. With its venerable old buildings, this is the University’s main thoroughfare, where modern student life sits comfortably side by side with our history and architectural heritage. Leave Stellenbosch for George. The city of George is the heart of the Southern Cape and its main business centre. With sophisticated air, road and rail links to all major centres, it is a convenient base from which to explore the charms and special attractions of this Eden that is the Garden Route and Klein Karoo. Boasting two of South Africa’s Top Ten Golf Courses, a number of respected educational institutions, many popular sports clubs and extensive medical, legal and financial services, George is as much a young person’s town as it is a popular retirement centre. On arrival at George, check-in at hotel. Later proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (George)
Day 06: George to Oudtshoorn to Knysna
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast proceed for full day tour of Oudtshoorn. Oudtshoorn is the ostrich capital of the world. Nowhere else are ostriches found in such great number and nowhere else do they produce feathers of such fine quality – but the world’s biggest bird is just one attraction in an area of enormous contrasts. Visit the Cango Caves, internationally renowned as one of the world’s great natural wonders, sculpted by nature through the ages. Their fascinating limestone formation occurs in a variety of ways. Continue on to the Ostrich Ranch and come face to face with the biggest bird in the world. Continue to Cango Wildlife Ranch. Over 300 crocodiles, ranging from 50 cm to four meters in length, inhabit the ranch. After sightseeing proceed to Kynsna. Explore the quaint town of Knysna known for its art & craft shops. This ever-popular charming town of legend, history, arts and crafts catering to visitor’s every need or fancy. The town is built on the banks of the Knysna Lagoon, a National Lake Area that falls under the protection of South African National Parks, is a home to more than 200 species of fish – including the rare Knysna seahorse – and is a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. After sightseeing of Knysna transfer to hotel and check in. Later proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Knysna)
Day 07: Knysna to Garden Route to Port Elizabeth
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast we will leave for Port Elizabeth via Garden Route. Port Elizabeth, gateway to the Eastern Cape, is a popular leisure resort, known as “The Friendly City” with an atmosphere of year-round fun and more sunshine than any other coastal town in the country. There are beautiful parks, botanical gardens, nature reserves, trails and plenty of other things to do. On arrival at Port Elizabeth, check in at hotel. Later proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Port Elizabeth)
Day 08: Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg to Sun City
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport. Leave Port Elizabeth for Johannesburg. On arrival at OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg transfer to Sun City. Deep in the heart of the bushveld, at the heart of an ancient volcano, lays sensational Sun City. Africa’s Kingdom of Pleasure comprises four marvellous hotels, all offering the fantastic facilities of this legendary resort. On arrival at Sun City, check-in at hotel. Rest of the day free for your own activities. Sun City offers an enormous range of things to do – both indoors and out. Scintillating entertainment; shows in the Sun City theatre, casinos, games and video arcade, a selection of movies in the cinema complex. Later proceed for dinner at Indian Restaurant. After dinner return to hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Sun City)
Day 09: Sun City to Pretoria to Johannesburg
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast leave for sightseeing of Johannesburg. Drive past the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg City and surrounding areas. Continue through downtown Johannesburg past the Supreme Court and Anglo American’s headquarters. Enjoy a guided tour of Constitution Hill (Entrance fee not included). Constitution Hill is a city precinct, anchored by the South African Constitutional Court – the highest court in the country on constitutional matters. Constitution Hill is also the site of Johannesburg’s notorious Old Fort Prison Complex, where thousands of ordinary people were brutally punished before the dawn of democracy. After sightseeing you are free for your own activities. Later proceed for dinner at local restaurant/hotel.
O/N at Hotel (Johannesburg)
Day 10: Fullday In Johannesburg | Johannesburg to Doha
Enjoy breakfast at hotel. After breakfast free till check out. Late afternoon transfer to OR Tambo Int’l Airport Johannesburg. On arrival at airport complete check-in, immigration, customs and security formalities and wait near the boarding gate to board the flight. After boarding announcement board the flight. Leave Johannesburg for Kolkata via Doha. After take-off dinner will be served on board.
O/N on Board
Day 11: Doha - Kolkata
On arrival at Doha to complete immigration formalities and then transfer to hotel. Breakfast and Lunch at hotel. In the afternoon assemble with baggage at the lobby of the hotel and then by courtesy of Qatar Airways transfer to Doha Int’l Airport. On arrival at Doha Int’l Airport to complete all formalities and proceed for designated boarding gate to board the flight for Kolkata. After boarding announcement to board the flight QR-540 at leave Doha (DOH) at 18:50 hrs and will arrive at Kolkata at 02:20 hrs (Next day). After take-off dinner will be served on board.
Overnight on board.
Day 12: Arrival At Kolkata
On arrival at Kolkata, NSC Bose Int’l Airport by QR-540 at 02:20 hrs from Doha (DOH), proceed to immigration counter to complete formalities, then pick-up checked-in baggage from the belt and handover the customs declaration form duly filled-in to customs authorities and clear the customs. Then goodbye to your friends and return back home with wonderful memories of the tour of Royal African Discovery of South Africa.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Economy Class Int’l Both way Airfare for Kolkata to Cape Town Via Doha and Johannesburg and Johannesburg to Kolkata via Doha sectors by Qatar Airways.
- All related taxes, airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Cost of Tourist Visa Charges for South Africa
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicles
- All arrival and departure to/from Airport/Hotel and transfers
- 3-4 Star Hotel Accommodation based on a Twin/Tripling-sharing basis for 10 nights
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner as mentioned in the Itinerary.
- All entrance fees at monuments, museums as specified in the itinerary up to first gate
- Value Added Taxes & Tourism Development Levy where applicable
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Full time services of the Bengali, Hindi, & English Speaking Tour Director from Sunshine Holidays for conducting tour on throughout basis.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Government Service Tax (GST) @ 4.50% on the total tour price.
- Compulsory Tips to Coach Driver USD 3 per adult per day to be paid before Journey.
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the tour program
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping…)
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, terrorist attacks.
- Any services not mentioned in the “Tour Price Includes”
- Cost of BTQ as per guaranty by the Reserve Bank of India, available up to US$ 10,000 for a calendar year which the passenger may wish to carry for their personal expenses.
- Any amount charged by the airlines for deviation of the tour by the passengers on his own.
- Cost of Overseas Travel Medical Insurance), (Insurance is not mandatory, but we highly recommend to take cover of it)
- Tour Price or Tour Package is based on a group size of minimum 15 Adults and traveling together on board ex Kolkata.
- This package is valid from 5th August to 16th August 2016 for 10 Nights / 11 Days including flying time.
- This offer is calculated on basis of Rate of Exchange of Bank calculated @ZAR 1=INR 6.
- Guests are requested to maintain the tour itinerary as per schedule
- The official check-in time & check-out time at all hotels will be 12:00 noon.
- Day by day activities might change depending on the local situation beyond control.
- Tour Price needs to be paid in equivalent Indian Rupees against the Foreign Exchange component at the prevailing Rate of exchange by Bank on date of full payment / purchase.
- Optional excursions and additional services could be provided for which we will charge additionally.
- Once booking is done and ticket is issued, then charges / cancellations permitted prior to departure with payment of cancellation fee and difference in fare if applicable.
Payment Terms & Conditions:
- We would request you to kindly make the Booking & Name Registration as early as possible by paying of INR 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) by An A/C payee cheque or DD in favour of “Sunshine Holidays & Leisure (P) Ltd” payable at Kolkata. Guest may also pay in Cash if desires. The balance amount of the tour packages must be cleared and settled 45 days before the journey.
- The guest require to pay Foreign Exchange portion in Indian Currency of the Tour Packages out of his/her eligible Basic Travel Quota (BTQ) as per prevailing bank rates of the day at the time Final Payment before 45 days before the journey date.
- Registration Amount : Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand)
- Balance Amount : Within 15 Days from the day of Booking
- Final Payment for Foreign Exchange Component : 45 Days before departure
Tour Cancellation Policy & Rate:
- In case of Refusal of Visa ( Partial or Full) : Cost of Visa + Air Ticket cost + Service charges of INR 25,000/-
- 45 Days before departure : Registration Amount of Rs. 50,000/-
- 44 Days ~ 15 Days before departure : 50% of the Tour Price
- 14 Days ~ 04 Days before departure : 75% of the Tour Price
- 03 days ~ Day of departure OR No Show : 100% of the Tour price
Submission of personal Documents for Applying Visa for the visiting country/countries:
- All necessary travel documents for processing respective Visas for visiting countries to be submitted to the respective Embassies or Consulates as early as possible at least 45 days prior departure date.